A Backstory re Credentials In 16 Tweets [Twitter Thread]

Now theoretically, the above series of embedded tweets should not include the “replying to” parent tweet. Per Twitter Development Documentation, this is accomplished by adding the [data-conversation=”none”] attribute to the [blockquote] tag. Unfortunately, WordPress’ preview mode still displays it (breaking up continuity/readability and besides, duplicative). Below is the original cut-and-paste version:

AtticusWest
1. I’m not a journalist or a political scientist. I formally studied neither discipline.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:48 PM
AtticusWest
2. I have degrees in philosophy and law. I am accordingly qualified to go fuck myself and very little else.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:49 PM
AtticusWest
3. I endeavor not to pretend otherwise. As Socrates counsels, I know that I know nothing. The path to all knowledge begins with shoshin.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:49 PM
AtticusWest
4. I do pay attention, however, and I’m fond of using the thinky part of my brain.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:49 PM
AtticusWest
5. I do that last bit, I’ve noticed, much to the general annoyance of most people in a 20-ft radius. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 30, 2017, 11:50 PM
AtticusWest
6. I am a student of logic and reasoning. I reach conclusions. I draw inferences. These are the tools of rational thought.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:50 PM
AtticusWest
7. Re politics, I have been paying attention. Initially with casual disbelief, but eventually with ever greater intensity and scrutiny.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:50 PM
AtticusWest
8. And using that thinky part of my brain, I have analyzed the volumes of data I have absorbed on T, politics, autocracies worldwide, etc.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:51 PM
AtticusWest
9. I watch the news. Carefully. I subscribe to a ridiculous number of newspapers and magazines. I read them.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:51 PM
AtticusWest
10. Over time, I’ve noticed that my analysis has often tracked eerily close to or even just ahead the observations of the learned.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:51 PM
AtticusWest
11. I have borne witness to the catastrophe of this era, and I’ve been correct in my assessments more often than I’m comfortable with.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:52 PM
AtticusWest
12. Deeply alarmed, I tweet, and I write and self-publish. I also earn a living, have a life, children, good friends, interests.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:52 PM
AtticusWest
13. In the end though, I’m still the guy only really qualified to go fuck myself and take my opinions with me.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:52 PM
AtticusWest
14. Your mileage may vary. Regardless, I thank you for following, commenting, engaging.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:53 PM
AtticusWest
15. This place, Twitter, isn’t what it once was. But neither are these dark times anything like life as recently as a 18 months ago.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:53 PM
AtticusWest
16. I tweet to return to a Twitter overflowing with jokes, wry observations, and laughs.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:54 PM